New England is home to many beautiful and scenic attractions that are sure to give someone a memorable experience. Words are not enough to describe the charming towns, beautiful landscapes, rocky coastlines breathtaking mountain scenery and village greens of the area. Below is a look at some of the notable attractions in New England.
- Mount Washington Auto Road Anyone visiting the area can take their family on an adventure that will lead them close to the sky, literary. Mount Washington, which is the highest peak in New England, offers an educational and informative tour about its history. Visitors can also experience a fantastic winter adventure while aboard a 4-track Snow Coach, whereby they get to see some breathtaking views while on the way.
- The Cog Railway The Cog Railway is the first mountain-climbing cog railway in the world, leading towards Mount Washington’s summit in Bretton Woods. Visitors get to board a diesel-powered locomotive and enjoy an exhilarating trip to the highest point’s summit in the Northeast. The train ascends at a speed of about 3 miles per hour, giving passengers plenty of time to savor the breathtaking views of the white mountains of New Hampshire. The journey up through the tree lines and lush forests takes just over an hour, with the return trip taking less than 40 minutes.
- Hampton Beach Visiting the Hampton beach will probably be the highlight of any vacation to New Hampshire. During the summer, visitors can take a bath in the clear blue waters and also have some fun in the sun. Parents can help their children build sandcastles on the shore. At night dancing with friends along the shore is an excellent idea of fun.
- Mount Monadnock Anyone looking for a thrilling adventure should visit Mount Monadnock. The area offers some of the best hiking experiences a person can get in their lifetime. There are more than 40 miles of foot trails that are clearly marked and leading to the rock summit. Once a visitor is on the mountain top, he or she will get to view the entire region of south-western New Hampshire in a breathtaking manner.
- Castle in the Clouds The mountain top estate belonging to Tom and Olive Plant is now among the most visited sites in New Hampshire. This architectural beauty was constructed in 1914 and has hosted many family gatherings and romantic weddings over the years. Visitors can check out the art gallery and view some beautiful works of art. The can also go on an exciting trolley ride through the same path followed by the founders back in the 1900s.
- Polar Caves Park The Polar Caves Park is an ideal place for those wishing to take their children on a vacation that they will never forget. The park has a petting zoo where visitors can get up close and personal with the animals. They can even get a chance to feed biscuits and corn using their hands. There are also some caves, nature trail, a museum and Maple Sugar House in the park where visitors can explore New Hampshire’s animals and plants.